Counseling » Home



Who is my child's counselor?
- Students are not assigned a specific counselor. Parents and students may ask to speak with whichever counselor is available.

What if I move or change my contact information?
- Please notify Mrs. Franklin, the counseling secretary, of any changes as soon as possible. If you move, you will need to provide proof of residency (utility bill, lease agreement). If you are moving out of the school zone please see the counseling center for proper withdrawal procedures.

How do I request homework for my child if they miss school?
-Homework can be requested only if a student is going to miss two or more consecutive days. Please phone in your requests to the counseling center before 10 a.m. Requested homework can be picked up in the counseling center from 2:45-4:00 p.m. Bring your child's locker number and combination so that you will be able to retrieve books and other materials.

How do my kids get counseling at school?
- Students needing counseling should come to the counseling center and ask to speak with a counselor.

How do I request a schedule change?
- Schedule changes are only available to students that are dropping an elective course (Band, Chorus, Orchestra, and Project Lead the Way). In order to drop one of these classes students must bring a note from a parent and have it signed by the appropriate teacher. Schedule changes are not available for class preference.